© 2017 by MIKL & Heritage Output Lab. 

Anderson Boys' School, Ipoh (1909)

A large government school for boys on Douglas Road with Mr. J.H Tyte as first Headmaster. The school was named after Sir John Anderson, the High Commissioner of F.M.S and Governor of the Straits Settlement at the time.

Hubback’s Official Post/Role: Federal P.W.D Assistant Architect

Year Designed: 1908

Official Opening: 6 February 1909

Construction Cost: $45,000 Straits Dollars.

Used as Anderson Primary School when the Anderson High School at Kuala Kangsar Road was built.

Original Use:  School

Original Building Type: Institutional

Current Name: Pejabat Kerajaan

Current Use: Office 

Current Building Use: Office