Anderson Boys' School, Ipoh (1909)
A large government school for boys on Douglas Road with Mr. J.H Tyte as first Headmaster. The school was named after Sir John Anderson, the High Commissioner of F.M.S and Governor of the Straits Settlement at the time.
Hubback’s Official Post/Role: Federal P.W.D Assistant Architect
Year Designed: 1908
Official Opening: 6 February 1909
Construction Cost: $45,000 Straits Dollars.
Used as Anderson Primary School when the Anderson High School at Kuala Kangsar Road was built.
Original Use: School
Original Building Type: Institutional
Current Name: Pejabat Kerajaan
Current Use: Office
Current Building Use: Office
Jabatan Penerangan Malaysia, F6015
ANM Acc. No. 2001/0051220