top of page
District Office, Klang (1910)

Klang’s District Office was built after the town was made state Capital of Selangor by Sultan Alauddin Suleiman Shah. Also referred to as The White House of Klang.


Hubback's Official Post/Role: Federal P.W.D Assistant Architect ARIBA


Year Designed:1909

Year Completed:1910

Land acquired at a preliminary cost of $500.

Brief Architectural Description: A Neo Classical building following the Western Classical style, symmetrical plan.

Housed a Bank for many years

194: Used as Juntai war Headquarters by the Japanese army.

1949: Occupied by the Klang Town Board

1973-85: Used as the Police Contingent Building

1987: Used as the Legal Department

Named as Bangunan Sultan Suleiman (Sultan Suleiman Building) on 22 February 1989.


Alteration History:

2009 - Refurbished by Laurent Lim Architect and re-opened as Sultan Abdul Aziz Royal Gallery 


Original Use: Government Administration

Original Building Type: Office & Public Building

Current Name: Galeri Diraja Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah

Current Use: Museum

Current Building Use: Place of Assembly

Gazetted as Malaysia's National Heritage in 2012

Gazetted Name: Bangunan Sultan Suleiman (Galeri Diraja Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah)

bottom of page